Saturday, December 10, 2011

Braggart

For the first time in my life I ran a 10k (sounds way further than 6 miles)
AND I didn't stop once!
I won't post my time here...you may argue that my running pace is close to a brisk walk and that's not really the point. The point is...I did it!

I haven't been training for this. What I have been doing is crossfit. You can check out the workouts on my friend's blog http://www.calicrossfit.blogspot.com They are short and easy. Short because they average about 15 minutes and easy because I can do them at home. I've been doing the workouts for about 4 months. Occasionally there is running involved but it is mostly strength training. I really love it! I'm addicted! You should try it too. Let me know when you're ready to run your first 10k and I'll join you.

5 comments:

D-dawg said...

Jodie- congrats!! You should be so proud of yourself that is a big accomplishment. I need a new exercise regime. I'm going to try crossfit and if you find another race to run I will do it with you! I can't do another half marathon (it was just a bit too much) but I would love to do something shorter.

Lorie said...

I'm impressed! Good job, Jodie!

Kristin and Jay said...

OUTSTANDING! Going to have to check out the crossfit soon! Lots of baby squish here to be burned off!

Audry said...

SO cool. I might be able to do a 10k.

Halo BW said...

Super cool!

https://www.opsoms.org/2020/12/pinjaman-online.html