Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Saucy

Jack and his classmates learned how to and helped make applesauce at school. He has talked nonstop about the project to anyone who will listen including complete strangers trying to enjoy a romantic picnic lunch at the park (they're own fault for choosing a park next to an elementary school).

"Well...did you know I know all about making applesauce?" jack
"I think you may have mentioned it." me
"All's you do is cut up some apples...any color you want. I even used a real kid knife. Then you put them in this cooking pot with...some sugar and a little bit of cinnamon. Then it cooks all by itself...you don't even have to stir it or put anything else in it. Then it just has to cook all night and maybe all day. And that's it...you eat it. And it's really good! Should we go buy some apples? It's really good. And I already know how to make it. (and...repeat)"
So we finally bought apples. It was a good day so Jack was allowed to wield a real grownup knife. I'll let you know in the morning how yummy it is.